30 September 2005

junior high-esque meme

probably I just wanted an excuse to fire up the music player at work, but for some reason this meme amused me today. it's Friday, it's been a hell of a week, and, well, junior high wasn't all bad. Sherm, if anyone I know also does this, I expect it to be you :)

turn on your iPod, mp3 player, iTunes, Winamp, whatever you use for the listening of the musics. use the first 13 songs on random/shuffle as answers to the following questions. because if anyone knows the real you, it's your music player. (make sure pop-ups are blocked if you click on any of the song titles for lyrics. lyrics sites are horrid for pop-ups.)

1. What do you think of me?
Elvis Costello - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
bwahahahahaha. it's true, I don't (unless it's to sit in the away end and watch as we beat their sorry blue asses). so far so good, Winamp.

2. Will I have a happy life?
The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
well, that's not the positive outlook I was hoping for, although I do really like the song.

3. What do my friends think of me?
REM - High Speed Train
you have to ask: how would the antelope have gotten into the building and up the stairs in the first place?

4. What does my SO think of me?
Dave Matthews Band - #41
awww, that's ever so sweet.

5. Do people secretly lust after me?
Cake - Cool Blue Reason
not so much, then.

6. How can I make myself happy?
They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
obviously I'm supposed to watch the Champions League final when I feel down. I can totally get behind that idea.

7. What should I do with my life?
Kaiser Chiefs - Na Na Na Na Naa
heh, nice.

8. Why must life be full of pain?
Rilo Kiley - Small Figures In A Vast Expanse
it's so emo it actually hurts.

9. How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Ferry Corsten - We Came
I swear this came up randomly. and, duh, I hope I'd know that already.

10. Can you give me some advice?
Paul Simon - The Cool, Cool River
"My life's so common it disappears / And sometimes even music / Cannot substitute for tears"
that's deep, man.

11. What do you think happiness is?
Gorillaz - Every Planet We Reach Is Dead
so maybe to stay here with the planet we already know which is a few generations away from being dead? not sure that's helpful advice.

12. Do you have any advice to give over the next few hours/days?
Buena Vista Social Club - Amor de Loca Juventud
I believe this translates roughly to "love of crazy youth". Really pretty song, depressing lyrics about the naivete of youthful love, so let's hope this one is a swing and a miss.

13. Will I die happy?
Nick Drake - Place To Be
that's not really an answer, you know.

on second thought, I didn't actually go to junior high. looks like I didn't miss much if this is the kind of thing that went on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?