08 July 2005

okay, here it is, now go nag someone else (sherry's baton thingie)

Total Volume:
15G on work laptop, 15G on personal laptop (maybe a few gigs of overlap there), 45G on personal desktop—and about 350 CDs that aren’t ripped yet.

Last CD Bought:
Smokin’ at the Half Note - Wes Montgomery
This is the Modern World – The Jam

Song Playing Right Now:
"White Pepper Ice Cream” – Cibo Matto

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
  1. “Babylon” – David Gray
  2. “Pearl” - Chapterhouse
  3. “Three Lions” – Lightning Seeds/Baddiel & Skinner
  4. “Anna Begins” – Counting Crows
  5. “Mr. E’s Beautiful Blues” – The Eels
Currently in Heavy Rotation:

(albums)
  1. The Birth of Cool – Miles Davis
  2. Guero - Beck
  3. From Here On In - South
  4. Set Yourself on Fire - The Stars
  5. Cellar Door - John Vanderslice
  6. Sunrise Over Sea - John Butler Trio
(songs)
  1. “Such Great Heights” – Interpol
  2. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – The Eels
  3. “Won’t Give In” – Finn Brothers
  4. “Sunlight in a Jar” – The Lucksmiths
  5. “Baby Don’t Cry” – INXS
  6. “Call Me Mellow” – Tears for Fears
Top 5 Songs of the 80's (not sure about this category, I ended up listing the 5 songs that I identify most intensely with the 80’s, i.e., when I think 80’s music, I think these):
  1. “Take on Me” – a-Ha
  2. “Call Me Al” – Paul Simon
  3. “No One Is to Blame” – Howard Jones
  4. “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” – Tears for Fears
  5. “Power of Love” – Huey Lewis & The News
Top 5 Rock Albums of All Time (I do not like this category; I think my answer would be different every week):
  1. Dulcinea - Toad the Wet Sprocket
  2. Woodface – Crowded House
  3. Rubber Soul - Beatles
  4. What’s the Story, Morning Glory? – Oasis
  5. Graceland – Paul Simon
Top 5 Greatest Hits/Compilation Rock Albums of All Time:
  1. Decade - Duran Duran
  2. Anthology - Tom Petty
  3. Rock Spectacle - Barenaked Ladies
  4. Every Breath You Take: The Classics (note, not EBYT: The Singles) - The Police
  5. A Secret History – Divine Comedy
Music videos that you thought kicked ass at the time, but now they embarrass you:
Not sure I watched enough music videos to answer this, but I’m pretty sure I thought the video for a-Ha's “Take On Me” was very cool back in the day. Now it just makes me laugh. Also, “Land of Confusion” by Genesis.

Twirling baton to:
whoever wants. post a link (or your answers) in the comments if you bother.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?